Thank you to the Pema Chodron Foundation and other supporters for providing matching funds. All donations will be doubled.
Funds raised during this campaign will support the work of the Chronicles and Ocean. The Chronicles brings you teachings, stories, tributes and news. Ocean is a place to study and practice.
Our support comes only from you, our readers and listeners
In this episode, Julia talks with Larry Mermelstein and Lodro Dorje about a project that the Sakyong has asked them to oversee known as “Supporting the Kagyu and Nyingma Practices.”
Among other topics, Larry and Lodro discuss:
- the treasury of teachings and commentaries by Trungpa Rinpoche that are available to vajrayana practitioners within Shambhala,
- the nature of the path that Trungpa Rinpoche introduced to his students,
- the way in which the Shambhala teachings and the traditional vajrayana practices are mutually supportive,
- the tremendous contribution that teachers, such as Tenga Rinpoche, Thrangu Rinpoche, Khenpo Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and others have made to the practice stream within the Shambhala community,
- discussions that the translators had with Trungpa Rinpoche about potential practices that students might enter into after completing Vajrayogini and Chakrasamvara.
I would like to thank you for the wonderful discussion with Larry and the Loppon. The subject matter is very interesting, and listening to those two, I always always always hear of things, I did not know, and my curiosity licks its lips.
And, on a personal note, having listened to these gentlemen, many many times, in many many different situations, it is “wonderful”, as I said above, to hear their voices yet once again. Made me smile.
: ) Thanks a lot
(nope, not dead yet)