In this episode, Julia talks with Larry Mermelstein and Lodro Dorje about a project that the Sakyong has asked them to oversee known as “Supporting the Kagyu and Nyingma Practices.”
Among other topics, Larry and Lodro discuss:
- the treasury of teachings and commentaries by Trungpa Rinpoche that are available to vajrayana practitioners within Shambhala,
- the nature of the path that Trungpa Rinpoche introduced to his students,
- the way in which the Shambhala teachings and the traditional vajrayana practices are mutually supportive,
- the tremendous contribution that teachers, such as Tenga Rinpoche, Thrangu Rinpoche, Khenpo Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and others have made to the practice stream within the Shambhala community,
- discussions that the translators had with Trungpa Rinpoche about potential practices that students might enter into after completing Vajrayogini and Chakrasamvara.
I would like to thank you for the wonderful discussion with Larry and the Loppon. The subject matter is very interesting, and listening to those two, I always always always hear of things, I did not know, and my curiosity licks its lips.
And, on a personal note, having listened to these gentlemen, many many times, in many many different situations, it is “wonderful”, as I said above, to hear their voices yet once again. Made me smile.
: ) Thanks a lot
(nope, not dead yet)